Attend a Fighting with Food Academy for great science learning + food fun!
Did you know?
Certain foods (we’re calling these fighting foods!) actually combat the health impacts of environmental toxicants like PCBs, lead, and mercury. Find out more by attending a Spring 2014 Fighting with Food Academy!
Fighting with Food Academy Information
- For middle and high school general science, chemistry, biology, and nutrition teachers
- Meets at Miami University Middletown from 8:00AM – 3:30PM on two Saturdays. Choose one session.
- Academy Session A: March 1 and May 3
- Academy Session B: March 15 and May 17
- NOTE: To receive benefits, you must attend both meetings for your session.
- All tuition and most fees provided (Your only cost is a $25 application fee.)
- 1 semester hours of graduate credit* provided free ($800 value)
- $100 stipend for classroom supplies
- Course materials including notebook and hands-on classroom materials
- Lunch provided
Interested? Submit an application by February 3, 2014 at www.ccemu.org/courses/fighting-with-food-academy-application/. Space is limited to 24 teachers per session and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Questions? Contact Dr. Susan Hershberger, Director, Center for Chemistry Education, 513-529-4961, email@example.com.